Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Saturday, August 21, 2010

Another UFO (almost) completed

Dont you just love it when Spotlight have a sale !!.  As a spot light member, I received a voucher in the mail last week for $40 off any purchase over $100.  I get these a couple of times a year and its a great time to stock up on Batting and fabric for backing.  I dont tend to purchase too much quilting fabric from them as such as the range is not great, but its good for the backing fabrics and the odd piece here and there.
Here is my lovely roll of wadding which now means I can finish a few quilts YAY.

Tonight I pinned the quilt I am making Dad for Fathers day,  this is the one from the Moda Scrap bag (featured in an earlier post).  I have named this Caramel Pie as the colours remind me of the yummy banana caramel pies with a cream top and chocolate drizzle.  I will be binding it in the lovely chocky print.
Pinning a quilt our is my least favourite part of the quilting process as its tedious.  I always have to get Hubby to help me straighten it out and smooth out the wrinkes.  So- bye for now, as I now off to the sewing room to start the quilting process.  Keep your eye out for a completed pic in the side bar any day now.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

love your caramel pie quilt - great colours!
I have a Spotlight voucher too - and I am buying batting as well. I do like Spotlight though - if it wasn't for the local Spotlight store, I wouldn't have started quilting :-)

The cats mother said...

I think we all share the same sentiments about Spotlight - great when there's a sale, especially a sale of sale items! Love your Caramel Pie quilt and like you, the worst part is putting and pinning the three layers together, especially when my darling cat Sheila feels she needs to help. Cats and quilts go together it seems.

crafty pug said...

sue - just wondering what batting you buy from spotlight? i have had some bad experiences with the cheapy stuff - too polyester. but yours looks lovely and soft....?

Unknown said...

I always buy a wool blend one or sometimes a cotton one. I never get acrylic as its not nice to use. i think its called warm and cosy or something. They didnt put a label in with this lot. Wool wadding is warmer, and more fire retardant for baby quilts too.