Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Thursday, August 12, 2010

First eye spy quilt

planning the layout
I have been saving novelty children's eye spy prints for about 2 years now and finally have got around to using some of them.  I have so many that I have stored them into categories, boys, girls, and animals - which can be for either.  Its quite amazing when I look at them the array of fabrics I have  cows, racing cars,  dinosaurs, frogs, ballet dancers, mickey mouse and dogs flying planes and everything in between.
As I have 5 great niece's, 1 great nephew,  and 2 grandsons (with another due in September) and twins due in March 2011 - I will have plenty of demand for them.  Each of these littlies has received a nursery quilt from me (except the unborn ones of course). 


Giaan is  a very girly girl so her quilt has castles and ice scaters,  cupcakes, butterflies and magic wands - just to name a few. 
The final stages were to outline each jigsaw puzzle shape in bias binding.  I was very pleased to find this pink border fabric which has A is for apple, b B is for bird and C is for cupcake written on it.  Quite appropriate for the eye spy theme.
The quilt is a gift for Giaan who will be turning 3 very soon, I just need to get some batting and then I can quilt it. 

Inspiration for this quilt came from APQ magazine Vol 17 #4

4 comments:

Maria said...

what a lovely "I Spy" quilt. I have lots of blocks as I was in a 6 1/2 in block swap. Oh that's another UFO.

Alex (PinkCraftyMama) said...

This quilt is on my to-do list also! It's such a creative way to do an eye-spy!

It's gorgeous! I'm sure Giaan will love it!

crafty pug said...

lovely! im sure she will get much enjoyment from it
x

Debbie said...

I JUST LOVE THIS!!! what a clever creative idea