Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Some more August blocks

I have been trying to catch up with you all on your blogs and its great to see the variety of blocks being made and received.  Such an array of patterns and colours.  I have completed my fourth block swap for the month with new member Rosemary.   Being a new quilter, Rosemary had not even heard of a churn dash block so had a little trouble finding a pattern, but I have to say she has done a remarkable job. 



I have made Rosemary a log cabin block in browns and greens as her choice is natural colours so to me I think  grass, trees and earth, and thats how I interpreted this block. 

A few members are asking where patterns can be found so I have put a reference in a side bar to a couple of quilting block pattern sites I utilise.  Best news is they are free to download.  Isnt it lovely how our fellow quilters have put together these sites for us to use.

1 comment:

crafty pug said...

what a great job from rosemary!