Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Sunday, August 15, 2010

Lucky member 13 and churn dash finished.

A big welcome to member number 13 Larain.  I am just waiting for confirmation of Larain's preferences for her to start swapping.  Interestingly she saw details of our group on the US one which I know a few of you ladies have joined, so this is great networking.  You may recall some time ago I made mention that I had resigned from the US swap, but that only lasted a week before I rejoined.  I just couldnt leave all my wonderful American friends.  I was contemplating inviting them to join our group too, but first wanted to check with you all if you would be ok with swapping with US.  Their group is run very similalry to ours as I based the idea on theirs after being a member for a few months, the only real difference is that your postage is about $1.50 to send an airmail quilt block to them in the US.  I also pop a post card of my home town in, and have received the same in return or info on where they live like town information pamphlets and the like.

The other exciting news is that I have now received all of my churn dash blocks so I can begin to play around with them to form a quilt - pics will be posted as this comes together.  A big thank you to Rosemary for your block, It came in the mail on Friday as did my Canadian swappers block from Debbie.

2 comments:

Cheryll said...

Welcome Larain. You are LUCKY 13. And Sue I would be happy to swap with fellow quilters in the US.

crafty pug said...

agreed - a big welcome. and no worries to swap with the US. i can't believe that postage would only be $1.50 - what a small world we are in!
xx