Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Monday, March 11, 2013

Mail costs ...........

I don't want to be mean - I love putting little extras into the envelope when I send my partner's block - BUT, when I mailed my March block to Canada this morning it cost $6.20.
The same envelope locally would be $1.20.
I don't think there was a mistake, it was at the same LPO that I always use, the people there are lovely.
I am not asking to partnered only within Australia, but at this rate I will have to send only the swap block.
Jan

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jan
I popped a comment on your blog as you are a no reply blogger. I have given you some info about international swaps. Sue

Unknown said...

Jan,
I mailed a block from USA to Canada today and it only cost me $1.30 and I did send extras.
As long as your envelope is a regular envelope or even a birthday card size this is what it would cost. Where it gets you is the weight. Try and keep the weight to what it would be if sending ruffly a 10 page letter.

Hope this helps.

Sooli said...

I posted an envelope to Sweden yesterday with only the swap block in a plastic bag and it cost me $6.20 as well. Postage is getting ridiculous.