Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Thursday, August 23, 2012

Karen's (Sew Well Maide) Update

It has been a while since I have updated progress that has been happening in my Quilting Block Swaps Australia swap group.

Over the last few months I have received some wonderful blocks from my swap partners.  Now I know this would appear to be an Aussie block swap, and yes most of us are Aussies, but not all.  My august swap partner is in Portugal!!

The block my partners make for me is the Plaited Block - as described by The Quilter's Cache, a fabulous site of sooooo many free quilt block patterns (an lots of other stuff as well).  My colour stipulations are easy - white background and two bright colours for the 'plait'.

These are the wonderful blocks I have received so far:

 May block
Made by Helen Rhodes


June Block
Made by Deb Ariel


 
July Block
Made by Bobbie Bartlett
It's All About Me 


August Block
Made by Teresa Felgueiras
Quilting Stitching and Sew On 


I absolutely love them all and eagerly look forward to the quilt that they one day will become.  Just need to keep swapping for many more months.  Yay!



 These are a few of the blocks I have made for others.  The beauty of the swap is that you can let your partner know block and what type of fabrics you would like so it will fit in with your desired end project.


Until next time, happy quilting, knitting, sewing, crafting ....

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

great post Karen, thanks for sharing the wonderful blocks with us.

CathyC said...

WOW - great blocks ;-)