Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Finished Quilt - Well Quilt Top Anyway!

A quick post to share a photo of a quilt top I have finished using blocks from my lovely swap partners (and a few that I made to make a bigger quilt).  I wanted to give this quilt away for Christmas so thought I had better get cracking on it and get it put together, given I am a particularly slow finisher!


This shot shows the individual blocks better:


I would like to mention the lovely quilters who contributed their blocks. Assuming the blocks are numbered from left to right starting in the top row:
  • Block 2 - Leena L from NSW
  • Block 7 & 14 - Elaine from NSW 
  • Block 9 -  Beth H in Qld
  • Block 10 - Cathy C from SA
  • Block 12 - Sue B from SA- our group co-ordinator
Thank you to all my block swap partners.  I love the way its turned out.


The two blocks made by Elaine have become very special to me as sadly both she and her husband were killed in an accident in the month after sending me her blocks. I think of her every time I look at her blocks.  You just never know what is around the corner do you?  Rest in peace Elaine.


I will post a better photo once the quilt is eventually quilted and bound.

Sue

5 comments:

CathyC said...

so sad about Elaine ;( it is so nice that you think of her when you look at her blocks ;-) I love seeing what people make up with the blocks we make ..... I can see my block too ;-)

Unknown said...

This is lovely Sue, and so special in a sad way with you having Elaines blocks in there. When you have completed the whole quilt can you please email me a pic to upload onto our showcase page and facebook page. Thanks,

Maria said...

Your blocks look fabulous put together. How special that you have two blocks made by Elaine.

Julianne said...

Its really nice...beautiful blocks throughout..especially love the round pattern...

Fiona said...

such a striking set of blocks... love black white and red and it is a lovely way to remember Elaine with her blocks in there too....
Hugz