Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Tuesday, August 28, 2012

August Block Swaps

In August I had two lovely swap partners.  The first, Noelene in NSW asked for a log cabin in black on white and white on black. This is what I sent her:

and today I received this lovely block (and a very pretty colour co-ordinated card) from Noelene:

My second swap partner was Ruth who is new to the group this month.  Ruth is a long way away over in Idaho, USA. Ruth didn't have really firm guidelines about what she wanted but suggested a churn dash or a block with an Australian theme.  I managed to combine the two with this block:

I used some wildflower fabric I had from Leesa Chandler's range, Under the Australian Sun.

The postman also brought me Ruth's envelope today - today was a good day for squishy envelopes! She made not one but two blocks for me. She was worried her first one wasn't perfect so she made another one.  I can't even tell which one wasn't meant to be perfect as they are both lovely! Here they are:


Welcome to the group Ruth! Thank you to both Noelene and Ruth for my lovely blocks!

Sue

1 comment:

Fiona said...

all those blocks are lovely... hugz