Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Monday, March 14, 2011

Lucky me

This gorgeous block arrived on Friday.  It came with some delicious owl fabric and a gorgeous owl card.  Alethea is very funny and wrote in the card
Can't decide whether to call it Owl-vis, Owl McPherson or Owl-Capone.  Nevertheless he/she comes from Owl Catraz.
Made me smile all weekend.  Thank you so much Alethea, I love this block.
I sent this star to Alethea which I had a lot of fun fussy cutting.  I popped in a couple of coasters showing birds who come to feed in my garden each day.
I love being part of this group.  Many thanks to Sue for organising it for us.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Both blocks are great, I am often amazed by the amount of thought that go's into making blocks that are special

Robyns Home in the Mountains said...

Oh you are very lucky.What wonderful owls...Just beautiful

Sylvia said...

both are really beautiful

SewDownunder said...

I know Alethea personally from when we lived in NZ and our hubbies were warkmates. She has always been such a fun and positive person to be with. Miss you heaps! Blocks are both gorgeous!!!!!