Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Monday, March 14, 2011

BLOCK CHOICES- Alternative solutions.

If a member requests a block choice in a pattern style that you are unable to do (IE Four & Twenty blackbirds), please contact this member and ask them to select an alternate pattern.  It is my understanding that this is a foundation pieced block and I for one, have not learnt this technique so I would not be able to make this block easily either.

I want all members to be confident in their block making, and I want the group to be open to all levels of quilters from novices to experienced so this should not be an issue.

Like wise, if a members colour choices are not what you have in your stash (ie they may request batiks and you don't have any in your stash), if you are not in a position to purchase additional fabric speak to them and ask if they are able to select an alternative.  We don't want members to feel like they have to spend money on additional fabric if they don't need to.

Many members offer 2 block choices and colour ways to resolve this issue, and if you have not given me an altrernate block choice or colour choice it may be a good idea to do this by emailing me.

5 comments:

BubzRugz said...

Those are good points Sue.. unless I had instructions I would have no idea on the 4 and 20 blackbirds!

I'll email an alternate block...
Hugz

Robyns Home in the Mountains said...

Im sorry I didnt mean to make a big deal about this block, but fully understand about having a choice of two for the ones who dont really know their way around patchwork..Thanks Sue for fixing it all up..

Unknown said...

Seo good to hear (read) these encouraging words again.
I have been so lucky with my partners and received beautifully made and colourful blocks.
It's been a very exciting experience
Gina

Unknown said...

Hi Robyn, I didnt think you made a big deal, just offered some help which is fantastic and appreciated. Often I call on other members to offer me help and advice not only on sewing but also on blogging too. We are a group of friends that are sharing and caring. xx Sue xx

Bobbie said...

great ideas ... cos i have not heard of that block ... but it is good to know that there would be an alternative for me if i wasn't able to make my partners first choice ...
hugs and hope everyone is having a great day ....