Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Monday, October 4, 2010

Busy weekend- My October swaps done.

I have been enjoying the Labour Day long weekend and have got lots of sewing and blogging done, and so it seems have other members from the emails I have been receiving.

A new member Bobbie has given me details of  her blog.  Bobbie has only just started this blog called ... Http://itsallaboutme-Bobbie.blogspot.com/   so pop on over and take a look and say hello.

Pats fall colours 9 patch
 
I have managed to complete the blocks for my two partners this month, A 9 patch for Pat in Oregon USA in fall (autumn) colours and a wonky star in bright fun colours for Minette.  I have to say I really enjoyed making the wonky star from the tutorial, very easy fun block to make.  Members will be emailed the link as they are partnered with Minette, but email me if you want to make this block, I am happy to pass it on.



Minette's wonky star

As well as these two blocks I have managed to get my second eye spy jigsaw quilt well underway. 





I am photographing the production of that in stages and will pop it on my own blog in a tutorial format

http://quiltedhugsandothernonsense.blogspot.com/
I have had a number of members wanting to know how to make this quilt.  So stay tuned for that one.  The Original pattern is from Australian Patchwork and Quilting magazine Vol 17 #4.  But I have modified this slightly to suit me,


2 comments:

CathyC said...

Great blocks Sue.
It feels good to be finished so early in the month ;-)

crafty pug said...

well done! we went away for the long weekend - beautiful down in victor! but i did miss sewing - now i have to get cracking on my blocks! yours are lovely - can't wait to make the wonky star one day soon!
xx