Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My first block for my blue & white "china" quilt

I love the freshness and crispness of blue and white, so when my churn dash quilt had enough blocks I had to think of something new.  So I chose 2 themes and will leave it up to my swap member each month to pick what they will make for me.  One of them I stole the idea from Beth, after seeing all the gorgeous Shabby chic blocks she was receiving.  The other is for my love of blue and white china.  I have a very small collection of this, and liked the idea of a blue and white quilt - with the theme based on looking like blue and white china.  I would like to thank Anne from Canada for her wonderful interpretation of this style - you certainly hit the nail on the head with this block.  So now I am on my way.  Thank you Anne.

4 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Beautiful block - it does bring back memories of some beautiful Spode china I have seen.

Larain said...

I love the block as I am a great fan of the blue & white toile you have started me thinking. Cannot wait to see the finished product.

crafty pug said...

GORGEOUS! this quilt will look stunning when finished!
xx

The cats mother said...

This is lovely and being a pom I too love the blue and white china that is so plentiful in the UK. Sue, make sure you partner with me some time for this quilt as I have the perfect piece of fabric for it!