Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Sunday, August 4, 2013

CALLING ALL PAPER PIECERS

After my block swap message for the month, I have received quite a number of emails from ladies that can paper piece and wish to do PP blocks.  We currently only have a couple of members that have a PP block in their choice.  One idea is if you are paired with an "ANY BLOCK" choice then you can make a PP block for that member to get some skills in.

Like many of you, I am a new self taught paper piecer and I would love more practice at this exact method. (A number of you have emailed me saying that you would like more practice and hints on which foundation is the best to use etc).

So, I have thought, what if we had a PP swap group as a side group, like we do with the 6 inch one, so members can do a mid month swap with paper pieced blocks.

If you are interested pop a comment on this blog post so I can track the interest levels and decide if its worth setting up another small group.


The other option is for you to have one standard block choice and one PP block choice in your preferences so if you are paired with a PP lady they can opt to make this block, but it still leaves a standard block for the non PP ladies.

Appreciate your thoughts.......

4 comments:

Jan said...

I am planning to read up on paper piecing, and would love to join a PP swap.

Unknown said...

Sue,
Great Idea! Count me in. Would love to join in the PP swap(mid month) group also!

Jo said...

Would love to take part.
I am about to take part in the " Nearly Insane" quilt with my local group so the practice wold be good.

elliek said...

enjoy Nearly Insane... it's aptly named!