Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Wednesday, July 25, 2012

SPAM WARNING - Private messages

Hi members

A few days ago I received a Private message" from a member and naturally opened it. It took me to a competition to win an Ipad or something so I deleted it realising it was SPAM. And now it seems opening it verified my email address and it has sent the same private message to ALL of my contacts, being the members of QBSA.



DO NOT OPEN the message, delete it, and do not reply to it, as this seems to then attach to your contacts. This morning I received 40 private messages plus a lot of questions from members asking me about it. I am sorry about this, but this is what the virus seems to do.  I started to reply to them but realsised there were to many so sent a bulk email out and then put this warning on the blog.

If it continues I will have to change the email address of QBSA and attach you all as contacts to the new one, so stay tuned on that. ( I hope it just goes away if we just add it to our junk) but as it comes from our contacts, (being each other) this may be the only way to get rid of it.  I cant answer anything about it as I am not sure where it came from or how it works, I am not that computer savvy.

Sue

5 comments:

Lynne said...

I received one of these yesterday but, having been hacked a few weeks ago, I was suspicious and emailed the apparent sender. She emailed me immediately and warned me not to open it!

Members, please heed Sue's warning and don't open these emails. Curiosity really could kill the cat (or annoy the heck out of all your contacts!)

CathyC said...

I got several too from QBSA, just after receiving several requests to join LinkedIn - I wonder if they are connected? I was suspicious when it said 'private message' Any way, I rarely click on links in emails ;-) I am glad I listened to my inner voice ;-)

Sooli said...

Fortunately I saw your email before I saw the private message one as I would probably have opened it too. These people should spend more time being constructive instead of coming up with these irritating emails. We had problems with LinkedIn at work and eventually took ourselves out of that. We still get emails purporting to come from there months later but not as many as we were, dozens each day.

The cats mother said...

I've been hit too and now both my hotmail email accounts have been blocked by Microsoft and I cannot get them unblocked due to the rediculous way in which Microsoft are asking me to have a code emailed to the very accounts that are blocked! Is it me!

donna said...

I received your private message but I have not been home to open it. Thank you so much for sharing I will delete it.
Hugs
donna