Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Friday, May 6, 2011

Second friendship quilt complete

Its finally done, last night (while watching the footy show), I stitched the final stitches in the binding of Shabby stars.  This is the second friendship quilt that I have made since starting up this block swap group.


Pop onto the tab at the top of this blog to see details of the contributors of this quilt.

We make send and receive lovely blocks every month and show them as we send them, and as we receive them but most importantly when you have enough blocks to make a quilt, we all LOVE to see the finished product.  It inspires us all. 

When Leena shared her card trick quilt, the following month I had 3 members change their preferences to this block to make their own version.

You can post directly onto the blog (email me if I have not sent you this link).  However only I can edit the pages, so I will need you to email me images and details of the finished quilt to put this on the page for you.

11 comments:

Sue said...

That is a lovely quilt I should get off the internet and do some sewing hehe

crafty pug said...

just beautiful! wonderful quilt all on its own - even more special because it was made by so many loving, talented hands.
xx

Quiltjane said...

Wow, it looks fantastic.

Maro said...

The quilt is wonderful. It looks great!!!

Teresa F. said...

The quilt looks awesome.I've only six blockks yet ( I only joined last December)But I'm looking foward to do my quilt too.

Doris said...

That is gorgeous, you must be very happy with it!

Robyns Home in the Mountains said...

Beautiful just beautiful...inspires me to also get off the puter and get some long awaiting sewing done....

Debbie said...

great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bobbie said...

so very pretty ... thanks for sharing it with us ...

Sharon B said...

So lovely. What pattern did you use? I would like to do a swap in my quilt guild and this would be great for people of all quilting levels.
Hugs Sharon B

Jeneta said...

So beautiful! What was your description for your block colours (I'm thinking I might need to request blocks in similar colours to yours!)?