Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Register for a second Christmas themed swap

A few members have suggested they would like to do a second block  swap in a month, so to steal an idea from Cheryll, who is saving Christmas themed blocks how does the idea sound if those of you wishing to do a second swap are paired up to make a Christmas themed block.  And if all go's to plan before Christmas 2011 we should all have enough blocks to each put together a Christmas themed quilt which is a collective Christmas present from all of the members.

Post a comment if you would like to join in and we can start this one from September.

On another note I also forgot to mention that today I (sadly) withdrew from the American swap - as our Australian group has taken off so well I am certainly keeping myself very busy staying in contact with you all and following your blogs and co-ordinating the swaps- I am loving it. I will still follow their blog of course and may start up with them again some time in the future.


I also should have enough churn dash blocks for assembling in a quilt after the August swap so stay tuned to see them come together. I am planning to set them on point and just need to play with some colours for the background fabric to tie them all in together. Of course this will be after August blocks are received. I cant wait to see how it will look when all done. So now I have to think about another block and colour scheme for my next swapping project.

quilted hugs, Sue. xx

5 comments:

Maria said...

A Christmas Swap could be fun. Would I be able to join in Nov.
Our group is having it's tri-annual hanging in Oct so I am busy doing UFO's for that.

CathyC said...

count me in for the Christmas block swap ;-)

crafty pug said...

count me in too! i didn't know there were Christmas themed blocks....or are they just blocks using Christmas material?

Cheryll said...

I would like to sign up too. I LOVE christmas things.Cheryll

crafty pug said...

totally random and unrelated comment, but the christmas swap is such a good idea it got me thinking and surfing about other ideas for future swaps for us!
- each member buys fabric they love and send it each month to their partner, who makes a block using the fabric. you end up with your fabric in lots of different blocks ready to make a quilt
- other themes/colours specified
- doll quilt swaps
- postcard quilt swaps

anyhoo, just thought i would record the thought before it slips away...........
:)
thanks again! loving the swap
x