Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Sunday, July 18, 2010

More blocks - sent and received

Featured here is the beautiful Churn dash block that Leena sent me, I have had it for awhile, just keep forgetting to photograph it and put it on the blog, but here it is.  Thank you Leena, I "LOVE IT".






Also featured here is a Jacobs ladder block for Maria one of our new members for the month of July.  Maria has requested Jacobs ladder in creams/ neutrals with country colours so it gave me a chance to use this fun print I had with sunflowers and blue berries - very country I think.  I hope Maria likes her block, it will be popped in the post to her on Monday.

Still raining here in Adelaide, so I have done the ironing and made this block for Marie, now onto something else.  I have no unfinished quilt tops therefore I am debating over starting a new one. I have a few on my list to begin, one for me (or maybe mum) - in reproduction/ civil war prints, one for my daughter Sheree who wants a modern retro red, black and white quilt for her newly decorated bedroom or an eye spy for my neices daughters birthday (thats not until December so I have plenty of time).  My UFO pile is down to 3, so I think I can indulge in starting another. Just which one - so I am off to play with my fabric and decide on this.  Bye until next posting.

2 comments:

Alex (PinkCraftyMama) said...

I just love seeing everyone's version of each block!

Can't wait til August to start mine!

Maria said...

OH I love the block, thank you Sue.
Will do your's as soon as I return from Perth.
If you what some extra sewing,LOL. I have heaps of UFO's that need to be done by Oct. for aour tri-annual hanging.
The Black/White and red sounds good. What about a Disappearing nine patch??