After a rather unpleasant situation resulting in a suspended member I remind everyone of our simple group rules....
1. When you receive your partners details, email them to confirm the swap BEFORE making and sending a block.
2. If you do not get a reply in a timely manner ( allow a week at least) let the swap coordinator know
(not everyone is on email every day).
We will try and contact the member for you, and can allocate a new swap partner if contact is not established.
3. If you wish to sit out a month or two let us know, you can sit out for up to three months without losing your space in the group.
4. Blocks need to be made and posted by the end of each month, if you are running late email your partner and let them know and cc in the swap coordinator so we can be aware of this too.
5. One side swaps are not OK, so if you have done everything in step 1-4, and you have not received a block or any confirmation that it is posted by the end of the first week of the following month email your partner and cc the swap coordinator in so we are aware that there is a potential risk of a one sided swap.
Your partner will be RED FLAGGED, until you let the swap coordinator know that you have received your block from them, and their current partner will be advised of the potential risk and given the opportunity to have a new partner assigned if they wish.
The Red flag will be lifted when the swap has been honoured. If the swap is not honoured within the month then the member will be suspended from the group.
I trust that all members will respect this process and understand the difficulties faced by swap coordinators in chasing up late swaps.
The most important rule here is if you communicate all will be fine.
How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia
Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on email@example.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue