Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Thursday, December 27, 2012

Straight into it.

I allocated January swap partners yesterday, and then got straight into making the blocks so now I can get on with trying to turn my pile of quilt tops into well......., quilts.

I allocated myself two partners this month, as we had an odd number swapping, I did the double swap, this way I can plough through getting to swap with everyone.

So for January I have Dawnelle from Washington USA who requested any block in Southwest colours of browns, orange, sage greens and golds.  Here is what I came up with, the block is called town square

 My second partner is Tanya fromQueensland who also requested any block, but in red, black and white and so I made her one of my favourite blocks called either washing day or Balkan puzzle, depending on where you get the pattern from

No comments: