Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Thursday, June 14, 2012

Another swap quilt completed.

A few weeks ago I showed you the flimsy but now I can proudly show you the completed quilt.

This is the fourth quilt that I have made with blocks received in the QBSA block exchange, and I think they keep on getting better.

I have been calling this one blazing arrows swap quilt, as a reference to the style of block used, but now its complete I have renamed it BlacK KaT.  As I mentioned in a previous post this if going to be a gift for my girlfriend Deb who is an avid cat lover, and turns 50 in July.


I started collecting these blocks in September 2011, and one member (Beatrice from France) kindly sent me two identical blocks in my exchange with her, so I used this extra block to make a matching cushion.
This a true Multicultural quilt with swaps from the following ladies
Beatrice - France (2)
Encara - Spain
Teresa - Portugal
Brenda - USA
Cathy - Canada
Helen - Australia (2)
Erin - Australia
Raelene - Australia




As always when I position a quilt for photos my camera shy dog Robbie (not) jumps on it to be in the picture.  Look at him posing for the camera  - so cute.


4 comments:

Maria said...

Looks fabulous and I am sure your friend will love it. Robbie is a good model..

Teresa F. said...

The quilt looks wonderful and Robbies is amazingly beautiful,too.Dogs love soft quilts, don´t they?

CathyC said...

looks lovely Sue ;-) love the matching cushion!

Sooli said...

A quilt's not finished until the quilt inspector gives it the all clear! Good job Robbie!