Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Sunday, August 28, 2011

Spring and September swaps

Hi Ladies

I know I am a bit late in posting this, but am about to send of the emails for the September swap partners. Its been a busy weekend with family commitments, but Spring is certainly in the air here with some beautiful weather.

Please remember to contact your swap partner as soon as you can to confirm details, before you go ahead and make their block.

Sadly this month we farewell quite a number of members that cant continue with the swaps,
so its good by to :
Alethea from New Zealand
Bobbie from Queensland
Sylvia from Canada
Angie from Kentucky
Julie from New South Wales
Leona from Florida
Gina from London and
Sandi from Florida

I dont normally do a farewell message, as its usually only one or two a month but with such a large group saying good bye I thought I would do this publically so we can all say farewell. 

We also welcome new members swapping with us for the first time,

Billy from Williamstown Victoria,
 (member of 6 inch and Christmas groups)
and Jane from Coffs Harbor NSW
Welcome ladies. 

Hopefully the departing ladies can return again in the future when life gives them some more time to swap.
Even with these losses we still have 47 members taking part this month with only one member sitting the swap out for the month.

if there is any of our new followers out there thinking of joining now is the time to email me as we cap the membership of group one at 50 (or so).  I have ladies on standby happy to do double swaps with new members as they join.

Happy sewing everyone, Quilted Hugs, Sue


5 comments:

Pamela Kieffer said...

I would like to know more about your blog swaps. How many, how often.

Maria said...

Wishing allte ladies happy stitching and hope they return at a later date.
Welcome Billy and Jane.

Nice to be swapping again this month.

Unknown said...

Life is rather busy and I can't get to my sewing machine at the moment, however I hope this is only temporary and I shall again join this lovely group very soon.
Warm wishes
Ginna

Bobbie said...

I will be back on board next month Sue ... everything here is almost back to normal .... well as normal as anything is around here anyway ...
so if you can slot me in again for the next round that would be wonderful ... huge hugs ..

Melody said...

A huge thank you to Sue for organising all of us. It is very much appreciated. Welcome Billy and Jane - this is a great group and I'm sure you will have fun.