Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Thursday, October 17, 2013

A Little Behind...

But I am catching up...
so much has been happening in my life this year and the last 3 months have been hectic...
our eldest daughter's wedding in early May
a grandchild at the end of May
and living 7 hours away the driving is intense
then we sold our sheep property
and moved mid July
then the day we moved my MIL was rushed to hospital
and spent the next 2 and a half months in hospital
she ended up with open heart surgery and nearly didn't survive the after math
during that time the new grandchild had to have major surgery then a smaller op two weeks later
plus we were trying to unpack
now we have our youngest daughter getting married this weekend
but I have been catching up with my swap blocks
and only have one more to do out of four...
first my August partner was
Alison 
and she had two wish choices and I chose the string block
white one side and blues the other...
 second my September partner Michell
and she wished for an Ohio Star block in white and red...
for October I have two partners
first is Sharyn and she wished for any star on a blue background...
now all I need to do is the second partner for this month...
Luv Tarnyia

6 comments:

Doveton said...

Hope the rest of the year is smooth sailing - you should have asked - I could have "angelled" your blocks.

Tarnyia said...

That is so sweet of you and thank you... I have enjoyed the sewing kept the mind sane hahaha xxx

Maria said...

Phew I am tired just reading about what been happening in your life. Enjoy the wedding...
Love all the blocks your managed to make...

Unknown said...

So lovely to hear from you Tarnyia, and sending lots of love to your family. I agree, keep sewing it keeps you sane hugs, Sue x

Jo said...

Enjoy your sewing. It helps getting you back on track.
Well done.

The Mayo Family said...

Lovely blocks.
I as well will be praying things stay a lil-quiet!
Love the red/white star. Smile!
Blessings~
Lori