Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Saturday, July 27, 2013

Tropical block

My partner for July was Lorna who sent me a block in my new colours of aqua, grey and orange, ans what pretty block it is.


The was also some extra fabric and a sweet card purse.
I also wanted to share this nifty little quilt block tool that I have come across (and ordered).. It's called the quick and easy block tool and its a flip out cutting guide for 102 popular quilt blocks with cutting instructions in 5 sizes per block. Perfect for block swap group members.

It also has reference guides for fabric requirement, it cost 21.95 + postage from Ozquilts, but I think money well spent and will be an invaluable tool.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats a very handy tool to have in our group!
Karen F

Sooli said...

Unusual colour combination in your new block choice Sue. Looks good!

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Hi there I have this "HANDY" device!! AND LOVE it!! You will too!!

Carolyn

Michell said...

I went and bought this from Book Depository and received it a few days ago after seeing it here. Looks great