Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Saturday, May 11, 2013

It is a long way from Canada .................


Mail takes a while, to and from Canada, but it is worth waiting for a beautiful block like this from Ann -



It is actually a deep, vibrant purple rather than the blue in the photo and it is just gorgeous. Thank you so much Ann. This is the block I sent to Ann -





Janet asked  for blue and white. I had a great time making these blocks - simple and different from any I'd made before -



Janet sent a purple pinwheel - soft and gentle colours - so beautiful - I just love it. Thank you so much Janet.


Alison asked for a log cabin block. I've made this block before but not in the striking colours of aqua to teal on one side and lime on the other around a grey centre. This is the one I made -


and here is the lovely pinwheel block that Alison sent me. I love the large prints against the white centre. Thank you so much Alison.


One more purple pinwheel is due any day now. I'm sure it is time to put them all together and stitch a very special quilt just for me. Dark and light, lots of purple or lots of other colours, patterns and plains, they are all so good together and I will have a great time making the arrangement.
I do so appreciate this swap group. Sewing for partners is challenging and satisfying, and receiving from partners always makes me smile and appreciate that 'this was made for me'.
Jan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such gorgeous colours in all of these blocks. Thank you for your lovely words about the membership of the group, its lovely to hear all of the positive feedback and friendships formed. I cant wait to see your purple pinwheel quilt.