Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Jan and Robyn, February Partners ...........

Robyn sent me this lovely pinwheel block, vibrant purple and two soft, gentle colours - they go together beautifully. Also a beaded, mini pincushion 'thingy' (Robyn's word) - very pretty as a keyring or purse decoration.


Robyn asked for a block with the theme of teapots or teacups in any style or method. I pieced a teapot in a collection of Asian style fabrics I bought recently, and made a tea cup Mug Mat as an extra.



Once I started exploring pieced patterns I found some for Angry Birds - this will be a purse for a grand daughter next month - and a quilt with the theme of The Hobbit. A grandson loves the Hobbit and Lord of The Ring so I will have time to complete the quilt for his birthday later in the year.

Thank you so much for my beautiful parcel,
I hope this block goes well with your others Robyn.
Happy stitching, Jan


7 comments:

Fiona said...

lovely blocks... I am very impressed with the tea pot block and little mug rug... as I am experimenting with foundation piecing I know how much work is involved...
Hugz

Unknown said...

Such a clever little teapot, and pretty fabric too.

Helen @vintageglorybox on Insta and FB said...

Gorgeous Jan!

Jeneta said...

Beautiful blocks Jan!

Carin@Ullhärvan said...

Gorgeous blocks and extra gifts!

Sooli said...

Lovely teapot and mug rug!

Unknown said...

Love the tea pot. Wonderful design.