Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Friday, October 19, 2012

Thank you to the angels

Hello ladies,

I received a lovely email of thanks from an angel recipient and with her permission am sharing the contents with you all.



Beth here, Thank you so much to you and your "angels " .My husband was
collecting the mail and calling me on the phone to find out what to do
with the squishy letters to me.
Of course I told him to bring them when he came for a visit.
Opening the first one and reading the heartfelt message inside reduced
me to tears, not to mention the block too.
You really can't imagine how much it meant to me, gran was both amazed
and humbled that you and our swap group were thinking of us.
We laid Gran to rest yesterday,a quiet simple service much like the lady
herself.
She had 3 weeks at home before the pain got too bad and had to go to
palliative care, just as she wanted, all her friends and our family
visited with her.
One of the last things she said to me was, finish that star quilt, it
needs to be finished.


I am sure  you will agree that Beth's Gran is now an angel in heaven and will be looking down on her to make sure that the star quilt is completed. with thanks to all of the angels that made a friendship star for Beth.

No comments: