Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Sunday, March 25, 2012

I am Dissapointed.

My aim for this group is to run a happy group full of respectful and pleasant ladies and I think I acheive that. But imagine my surprise when I am copied into an email when one member threatens another with suspension not because her block is late. (its the March 6 inch swap, she still has 2 weeks to make and sent it) but simply as she hadnt responded to an email !!

How was this lady to know that something tragic had not taken place in that members life, the email was cold, un-warrented and downright rude. I am not going to name names, but I have asked this lady to withdraw from the group.

Suspension is a serious step, and only I have the right to decide who will be suspended from the group, and when I make this decision its is because there have been multiple complaints against a member, not just one incident.

I understand that life can get in the way and sometimes people can forget to reply to an email or a not online every day, I am even guilty of that.

If you are having communication trouble with your partner, let me know, I will email them for you in a NON THREATENING way, and I will keep track of who is or isnt doing the right thing and make a decision if this person should or should not be allowed to continue in the group.

Now I have that off my chest, I can get down from my soap box and continue doing what I love doing best.

5 comments:

CathyC said...

I support your stance Sue! If anyone is having difficulties with a member, then please contact the Swap Organiser first - there may be a valid reason for non-communication.

Maria said...

And I agree with both the Swap Mums.

Teresa F. said...

I'm with you 100% Sue. E-mails can be easily lost in the web and there are a million reasons for not answering, one should at least try another e-mail.

Sooli said...

Totally with you on this Sue.

Bobbie said...

how very unpleasant for you sue ... but lucky she copied you into it or you would never have known what was going on ... human nature never ceases to amaze me (shakes head) ...
but i am glad you have it under control ... and I am 100% agreeably with you .. decisions like this don't come easy and should be done by the group organiser ...
huge hugs hun ....