Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Friday, June 10, 2011

May block for Larissa

Larissa has advised that her block for May has arrived - and she loves it


Here is a sneak peek of the block for Larissa (no blog)





Here is the full pic.


Larissa asked for Log Cabins, Pinwheels or Dresden Plates in Brighter rather than pastel colours, though not fluros.
I was hoping I had not gone over that line of brights turning into fluros.  I had intended to make a traditional log cabin, but a momentary lapse in concentration when cutting turned it into a Courthouse Steps Log Cabin variation.  I must say, I am very pleased with this block and am quite relieved that Larissa likes it.

I can't wait to see what I get from Larissa - it is like Christmas every month joining in with these swap groups.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Lovely block for Larrisa.