Click on tab to view pages.

How to JOIN quilting block swaps Australia

Hello and thank you for visiting. This is a community group for all Australian quilters to join or just follow. Membership is FREE and you are partnered each month and we make each other a 12 inch quilt block based on our preferences which we swap. (12.5 inches raw edge to raw edge) The emphasis of the group is on friendship and sharing. To find out more or register to join email me on quiltingblocks@hotmail.com This purpose of this blog is to chat and showcase blocks and quilts made by members, kind of like a show and tell . Yours in stitching, Sue



Monday, September 8, 2014

Ahead of time......

Sue is enjoying a trip away so we got our partners for this month a little early and at the same time.
This is where it all began...
I like this idea because I spend one afternoon focussing just on them.
They are now done.
My 12" block for Traci. Traci wanted Dorothy's star done with a white background and any other
colour of choice. Mine was a nice chocolate brown.   http://www.quilterscache.com/D/DorothysStarBlock.html





Next for the day was my Paper Pieced swap was for Anna. When this swap started we were partners for the first month. I am still getting the same block " Hunters Star. " but Anna has changed and now is wanting a 12" Atlantic Seas block.. http://www.quilterscache.com/images52/atlanticseastemp.gif

I think I still a lot of work on paper piecing. My points are not matching. I hope Anna likes this block. It took me ages to do. These are shades of black and grey with a background of white.

Last thing on the list for the day was the 6" swap. Carolyn wanted any two 6" blocks done with 1930s fabrics. I'm not really sure if these are the right fabrics. I think they. I do like these fabrics and blocks. A traditional Rail Fence and Spool block.
These are a very sweet pink so I hope that Carolyn likes them.





1 comment:

CathyC said...

WOW such great blocks!